feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Outlander - Diana Gabaldon This was a beautiful story. And like just about everyone who read this novel, I fell in love with Jamie Fraser. So I was quite surprised to see that this novel is part of a series. Excited I went on to book 2 (synopsis), to find that Jamie isn't in it, and then again to book 3 (synopsis), to find that Jamie IS in it. Excited I go to read excerpts from its publishing company, and I find out that Jamie isn't the sweet beautiful man I fell in love with, any more. Of course it is to be expected that with the gap in years between book 1 and book 2/3 that he ought to have changed. But God, he isn't so honourable any more, not to my standards. I don't like the Jamie in the future, very much. As for why, read the spoiler at your own risk. But I swear I am not touching another book in this series. Jamie marries Loghaire or whatever her name is, and he doesn't tell Claire about it, once she returns from the future. And she finds out in a very humiliating way. And he knows Claire doesn't like Loghaire, the one person she honestly doesn't like and he still marries her. And the fact is, he knows Claire is alive, or should have known, yes she goes back to the future, but she doesn't die. Whereas Claire honestly believes he is dead. He becomes like Dougal, the uncle. How he leaves his wife and kids behind and goes around all the lasses. Well yes, the future Jamie does that too, he leaves Loghaire and her kids behind and sleeps outside his marriage, with other women. Yes there may be reasons for it, he may not really like Loghaire, not that I like her at all, but the truth is, he married her, he ought to have kept his vows. And what about his vows to Claire, when he knows that she is alive, all he had to do was go to her in the future. However, because I well and truly loved the first book and ought to have written a review for this book before fulfilling my curiosity, this book is still five stars. I just wish I could rewind half an hour and act as if this book is a stand alone novel.