feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide

How Hard Can It Be

How Hard Can It Be? - Robyn Peterman Rating: 3.5 out of 5.How Hard Can It Be by Robyn PetermanRena, an accountant, decides to try something new AGAIN. After her disastrous attempts at being a weather girl, for which she was served with a restraining order after she turned up at the news station one too many time, and several other things, she decides to become a romance writer, because after all, how hard can it be?It turns out, not too hard. With a talent for making up stuff on the spot, she decides to save a group of women who are being blackmailed by Evangeline into writing novels for her. So when she lies and says that she is a romance writer, Evangeline wants her idea. And so Rena starts, spinning a wildly imaginative, unbelievable story about a pirate who time travels and a pair of conjoined twins, which she says is based on “real life events”. Add in Jack, a sexy cop who loves her craziness, an aunt who believes she is housing pet aliens in her home and the making of a disturbing novel that left me either laughing too hard or trying not to gag, we have this funny and crazy novel.ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Kensington Books.