feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet - Darynda Jones Darynda Jones has outdone herself again. With witty repertoire, an action filled plot and the best characters in the world, what more could I want?I could not imagine how hard it would be to keep up with good comebacks and funny sayings while writing, but Jones does so flawlessly. And then we have Reyes... Yes, he is all that most of us has been waiting for (that is: still sexy as hell) and more. There are several other characters that I loved. Cookie for starters. That woman can more than keep up with Charley. I am glad she has a good friend like Cookie. And then fast forward to Donovan. God that guys is so sexy too. A sweet, sexy, scruffy biker... Yes I know, my heart has been given, like Charley's to Reyes, but that doesn't mean that I am blind (nor is she). :)One character I did not like was her father. I have major issues with her so called father. That man has been letting her down since she was born and I am sick of him. I am so glad that she doesn't just let him get away with it, but I wish she didn't even bother with him. Hell I have a few choice words I would like Darynda Jones to convey to him. Because no, I haven't forgotten how he used her as a bait in the first/second book??? Where he intentionally makes it seem as though Charley is his favourite, so that the villain would go after her and not his witch of a wife and Gemma. And I am not going to forget about what he did in the third book. And the stupid move he pulled again in this book... Because he is so selfish, he does what he thinks is best for himself (his conscience) before he dies or whatever. Just ruin Charley's life in the process, why don't you? On the other hand, Uncle Bob is more of a father figure, I think, to Charley.