feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Fury's Kiss - Karen Chance Before you start to read [b:Fury's Kiss|12114440|Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3)|Karen Chance|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335403194s/12114440.jpg|17083622], you should read In Vino Veritas by Karen Chance, with regards to what happens a week before Fury's Kiss starts. The short free read is on her website: http://www.karenchance.com/vino.htmlOne of the best things about Karen Chance's books is that she can make me laugh. The little quips that she comes up with at the right times, those are her speciality. Not too much that it got in the way of tension, but enough to make the reader laugh with surprise throughout the book.But the absolute best thing about this book was its characters. Karen Chance created three-dimensional characters and she maintained it throughout the book. So many authors fail in this. Their characters may be too artificial, too fake, too clichéd and so on, but not Ms Chance's characters.For starters, I love Dory and Louis-Cesare. I shouldn't say too much about them because I am bound to give away something important, and their relationship should be read about through Karen Chance's words, not told by mine, so I'll just say this: they are a beautiful and perfect couple. I love them so much. Usually, I'll like one character over the other, but in this book, I loved them both.I also loved Mircea. That scene with him and Dorina when she was a little girl, and he was painting her? Priceless. It melted my heart. And it was so beautiful when he says: “But you were Mine. My child. And I would not give you up.”. We know he means it, because he has proved it over and over again by kept Dory safe no matter how many times people told him to just kill her and end her misery. One last quote: "But his face was drawn and his eyes were pained as he looked down at me, and there was a strange expression on his face: defiance and fierce pride and something that looked like wonder, all jumbled up." For all my angst over him in Cassandra Palmer's series, he really came through for Dory this time. I have to admit, I was a bit wary of him for the first half of the book, but then the last half was enough to convince me of what a great father he is - in a behind-the-scenes sort of way.Then there is little Stinky. Cutest thing ever. And Claire, the best ever friend for Dory, in that she is strong enough to hold her own against Dory. Ray, even, I would have loved to have him as a side kick any time. So many characters, and they each made the book richer.