feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Naughty & Nice: Three Holiday Treats - Ruthie Knox, Molly O'Keefe, Stefanie Sloane Average Rating: 3 out of 5. Rooms at the Inn – Ruthie Knox Rating: 1 out of 5I requested this book because I saw that Ruthie Knox had written a short story. And I was utterly in love with her ‘About Last Night’ novel. With high expectations I started this book. Maybe that’s why I was so disappointed. I didn’t like the basis for this story. The hero, Carson, has been stringing the heroine, Julie, along for sixteen-years. Sleeping with her whenever he was in town, like she is his regular buddy for that area code. I found this premise just offensive. But it wasn’t that Julie wasn’t willing, because she was. She has spent sixteen years of her life pining after this so called hero. She was so love-sick that it was pathetic. But that wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was that after Carson packed up and left again, but was stopped because the snow snowed in his taxi AND then he got picked up by a guy who gave him incentive to stay in the town AND after that when he went to gift the incentive to Julie AND then didn’t find her home that he realised oh-my-god I am in love with her. Because she wasn’t there waiting for him with her arms open in the love-sick manner that she always does. It was so pathetic, that I was humiliated for Julie by how she was acting. If love makes me like her, then I sure as hell never want to be in love!Maybe if Carson had come back on his own account, not because of the series of events listed above, then I would have given this short story an extra star. If Julie had told him to get lost, I might have given it another extra star. But alas, none of that happened. All I Want for Christmas is You – Molly O’Keefe Rating: 4 out of 5Maddy, an eighteen year old girl who had just finished high school and Billy, a twenty-year old boy who is a hockey player. This story was about them realising their doubts about their future together and still moving forward because of love.It was such a beautiful Christmas story about taking a chance. The main characters were undoubtedly young but so in love. I could feel their pain, hurt and confusion, but most of all, their love for one another. One Perfect Christmas – Stefanie Sloane Rating: 3 out of 5A sweet read about a girl who tells a Duke that she is in love with him. And a Duke who realises that he wants her too. ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group.