feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken Rating: 5 out of 5.Darkest Minds by Alexandra BrackenThis is my first novel by Alexandra Bracken, and she broke my heart. Completely, utterly and irrevocably (at least until the next book comes out). As a dystopian lover, I have read quite a few dystopian YA novels, but with almost every one of them, the story starts right before the protagonist meets the guy of her dreams. For Ruby, her story started on her tenth birthday. A disease known as IAAN swept through America killing a lot of the children. But the children that were left developed psi powers. These children were taken to rehabilitation camp where they were sorted into colours that signify the type of psi power they possessed. Green, blue, yellow, red and orange – from the least dangerous to the most. Ruby was one of the children who were taken. She was taken to Thurmond. A camp, that we later find out, was more vicious that the rest. Psi-kids can hear certain frequencies that others cannot, frequencies that cripple them. This makes it easier to control them. The novel starts off with white noise, a frequency meant to target the dangerous psi. The psi-kids that were sorted into yellow, red and orange were taken away, never to come back again. But when Ruby, who was sorted as a green, is one of the two that fall, she becomes a target. Alexandra Bracken has created a beautifully rich world in her novel. With creative and novel ideas, she weaves a dangerous world where children are the threat. Her writing is utterly engaging and emotional to the point where I couldn’t bear to part with the book until its finish. ARC courtesy of NetGalley and HarperCollins Publishers Australia.