feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Touch of the Demon - Diana Rowland Touch of the Demon by Diana RowlandRating: 5 out of 5This book was seriously EXPLOSIVE!!!There was a part where my heart just stopped because I was so damn shocked. Ladies and gentlemen, everything you have been told so far has been a LIE! That's right, Diana Rowland rocks the foundation we have come to trust and believe.From the cliffhanger of the last novel, we meet the demon lord Mzatal. This guy blew my socks off. I loved Mzatal's and Kara's relationship, their antagonistic interactions were ironically, central points of humour in this book. I was reeling a bit from Mzatal’s bizarre behavioral shift from “scary motherfucker who will snap your neck” to “oh let me heal those booboos on your hands.” There is a part where she flips him off while underhandedly answering his question, minutes from not knowing whether her end was coming. Also, for a time there, you as a reader don't know what Mzatal's intentions are towards Kara. But then after a wtf-was-that scene, the puzzles start fall into place; while other puzzles that were already set, get blown to smithereens. Unlike the other novels, we get a more comprehensive and extensive view of the arcane world. This novel is predominantly set in the demon world, but don't fear people, the demon world is much cooler (figuratively speaking) than the real one! With kick-ass demons who are friendly, demon lords who make you shake in your boots and guardians who are like angels, you won't miss the earthbound peeps one little bit.Finally, as far as it goes for character development, man, Kara is the epitome of a kick-ass heroine. Forged by fire, she emerges with scars that will mark her for the rest of her life.