feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Love Irresistibly - Julie James Rating: 5 out of 5.Okay, hot TICK sexy TICK smart/kick-ass heroine TICK smart/kick-ass hero TICK give me some of that TICK I was in heaven, while I read the book. Lawyers are my thing :) As a law student, I was completely and utterly in heaven, hoping my future looked something like Brooke's. So we have Brooke in one hand. A sexy, career-driven, hotshot lawyer, who is very sought after and really bad when it comes to relationships. Her last boyfriend, a hot OB, tells her that she is not the kind of girl who he will settle down with. Enter Cade, a sexy kick-ass US attorney, who previously put away the "Twitter Terrorist", his colleague's fiancé. His last girlfriend, told him that he was emotionally unavailable. Cade, enters Ms Brooke's office, thinking as the attorney from the US attorney office, he will have her feeding him with her bare hands. Instead he finds a woman who tells him where to stick his intimidation tactics and asks him for a court order.This was a MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN. Their lives were so parallel, their personalities seemingly so similar, but they were as different from one another, as light and day. This couple complemented each other, in a way that I have not seen many couples do. This couple might be contesting Julia James' other couple for the first spot: from [b:Practice Makes Perfect|5082599|Practice Makes Perfect|Julie James|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342552769s/5082599.jpg|5149317].