feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide
Warrior - Kristina Douglas Rating: 4 out of 5.If you love paranormal romance with a mix of gamma heroes, then Kristina Douglas has the perfect series for you.Michael is a fallen angel who has been celibate since his mate died years ago. Victoria (aka Tory) is the Roman goddess of war reincarnated. So basically there is this place that breeds goddess of war and on their 25th birthday, they are killed, if they aren't of use until then. Then the next goddess is bred.Why are they killed at 25, you ask? Because goddesses have to be young, we can't have an old goddess you see!So yeah, that part was a bit icky and weird.So add in an archangel who is reluctant to marry/mate, a goddess who has been secluded from the world, and who after the initial reluctance, falls head over heels for the angel and a prophecy that dictates her short future, we have a good paranormal romance on our hands.I just wished that Michael wasn't so jerkish, although he is tame in comparison to other Anne Stuart's heroes. I also wished that he wasn't so reluctant. It got boring after a while. I even forgot the reason he was so reluctant especially after he had both bedded and blooded her: she was doomed anyway.I also would have liked it if Tory wasn't all so secretly in love with Michael. I mean seriously, I didn't find the romance of it really believable. And moments when she was like, oh shit, I-just-gave-him-my-heart, I found the said moments a bit lacking.But overall it was a good book.