feminista

Feminista

Hi everyone! I used to be a former Goodreads lover. Who has decided to move to BookLikes due to the recent changes to the GR site: that is, the decision of the management to delete reviews that talk about bad author behaviour.

It is important that we know of bad author behaviour and actions. We buy their books. I want to know whether Author A has decided to harass Reviewer A or encouraged fans to stalk Reviewer B.

I want to know this, the same way I wanted to know that a well known sporting good company had been using child labour in the production of some of its products. The same way the WHOLE WORLD wanted to know.

It is irrelevant that the author writes well, or that the said sporting good company produces good quality sporting goods. Our ethics and morals MATTER!

Now to discuss my reading habits:

I am very picky when it comes to books. I am a feminist and I think that shows in my reading list.

There are many things that bug me to death. But I'll always make an exception if the boy-girl standard is reversed. Dear world, that is MY double standard. I respect and champion authors who have the guts to do something different.

Firstly, I hate infidelity in novels.

Secondly, I hate it when the heroine is a virgin and the guy is an expert and skilled lover. I hate it when the heroine, for fated reasons, saves herself for someone who has been sowing his oats. It's not only overdone, old-fashioned and pathetic, but it also grosses me out like he is violating something so sacrosanct.

Thirdly, I might enjoy the occasional alpha-hero tendencies, but my true love lies with beta-heroes. Guys who are loving and sweet. Who don't feel the need to push around their women to make themselves feel more manly.

Feminista's bookshelf: read

Death, and the Girl He Loves
tagged: ya-and-new-adult and urban-fantasy
The Loneliest Alpha
Hard to Handle
2 of 5 stars
Rating: 2 out of 5. Sadie Howard is a serial dater who never goes out with a guy on more than one date, but then sometimes she breaks her rules... Aiden Downey found out that his mother was dying and even though he was in a relationship...
tagged: contemporary-romance and arc
Mine to Hold
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. Claire Kramer from Mine to Keep has been a victim of an obsessed lover in the past. It is also a past that she can’t seem to get away from. Noah York, from the previous books, is Trace’s friend. He was a part of those...
tagged: arc and romantic-suspense
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Alpha Instinct
3 of 5 stars
Rating: 3 out of 5. I have been wanting to read this book for ages. But I had the wrong idea in mind. I thought it was an Urban Fantasy novel. Probably because of the cover of a female. But it is a paranormal romance. As far as parano...
Never Love a Cowboy
tagged: historical-romance

goodreads.com

Feminista's quotes

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Feminista has completed her goal of reading 200 books in 2013!
hide

Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker Series #5)

Vampires Dead Ahead - Cheyenne McCray Rating: 5 out of 5.I have been wanting to read this book for almost a year now. Now that I have finally finished this series, I can say, that I loved it.Nyx and her team of Trackers learn of mysterious disappearance of other Trackers in another state of U.S.A. Knowing that that cannot be good, Rodán, her boss and former lover, tells her to head the special team that will investigate these disappearances. Except, he disappears too, less than 24 hours after meeting up with her and the team. In a race against time, Nyx and her team try to find out what happened to Rodán. On top of that, her sexy fire-breathing dragon, maybe-boyfriend (at the beginning, at least, it is a maybe ;), not so much at the end) , Colin is there to keep her warm and company.I loved how her relationship developed with Colin. I hated how hurt she was over the her previous human man. I fell in love with the human too, so it was hurtful reading about him finding someone else in this book. But, while Nyx is cautious, she is ready to move on.Things happen in this last novel that are explosive!... and irrevocable, as in, can never be taken back, nor changed.So at the end of the novel, you will find that several people will have changed irrevocably. It is not one of those: wishy washy last-book-in-the-series novel. It is an honest to God, explosive ending to the series.